Sandra Macrae has worked in economic development for over 37 years, in London as well as in Scotland. She has a background in tourism, food and agriculture. She has a wealth of experience of working in economic development in Scotland, for both the public (Scottish Development Agency and Scottish Enterprise) and the private sector. Before that she worked in the food sector, in London for Food From Britain, and in Reading for the Intervention Board for Agricultural Produce.
- Excellent, practical project development skills
- Business planning and audience development experience/skills
- Sound analytical skills and the ability to critically appraise and evaluate projects over a wide range of disciplines
- Extensive experience of preparing funding applications (ERDF, HLF, and other Lottery sources), including a thorough appreciation of the need to comply with funder’s requirements and criteria
- First rate knowledge of Scottish tourism and rural sectors, with a growing knowledge of the heritage/conservation sector
- Extensive practical experience of working with the public sector, voluntary/community sector, small businesses and with groups of stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal and facilitation skills
- Wide ranging experience of joint working with other professionals, most notably architects and interpretative designers
Campbell Macrae Associates holds Professional Indemnity Insurance (£0.5m), Public Liability Insurance £5m) and Employer’s Liability Insurance (£10m).